Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Vintage Beauty

So where have the pictures of beautiful older women gone to? Archives? Now that I am getting older I've noticed that our culture supports the younger skin. And why shouldn't it? Younger, thinner and bombshell is totally acceptable, but I really would love to see older, beautiful and timeless on the cover of Vogue every once in a while. It seems that we are forgotten. I'm 38 years old and feel like I need to step it up to compete with these younger beauties... But why? 
 
Let me offer some encouragement. Being beautiful or "hot" does not mean we need to become someone other than ourselves.  Some women have a hard time adjusting to the newest "season" they are in including myself, but there is a way to accept with joy ... Be the best beautiful you can be. No one can replicate your beauty so take joy and pride that you are one of a kind.  People will see that and notice your kind of beautiful.
Be beautiful, girlfriend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin